Saturday, October 22, 2005

Actual birding content on the way--promise!!!

Well, leave it to me to pick the exact *wrong* time to head down to the Keys and South Florida. Today I finally made it the BINAC branch office in Celebration, Florida, and if I cannot get a flight out to Chicago I will ride out the storm here. That eight-hour drive from Ft. Myers to Clearwater just about killed me, it is amazing that they still don't have an accurrate prediction for a storm that was supposed to hit Florida on Saturday morning...I guess now it's looking more like Monday, so my bright idea to fly out on Monday (*after* the storm was supposed to pass) is not looking so bright anymore.

I have done some actual birding in the last few days, and I have the photos to prove it. I will try to post some summaries when I get back to Chicago, or if I'm stuck in Florida I guess that will give me some time to catch up as well.

In the meantime, I have gotten quite a few comments and e-mails on the Mike Hendrickson vs. BirdChick post, so scroll down and check that out if you haven't done so already.

No comments: