Thursday, May 04, 2006

Life in the Fast Lane

Well, it was a nice day 0f birding today in Virginia, but can't find my notes (left them in the car, I hope) so the update will have to wait until tomorrow.

In the meantime, I was having dinner in Short Pump (just west of Richmond) having a nice juicy steak when I noticed a very attractive young woman dining at the table next to mine. It was kinda odd, she was obviously very hot, but was "dressed-down" in a t-shirt and jeans, and the guy with her was no prize...unshaven, not exactly svelte, and wearing some crappy t-shirt as well...kinda dressed like me, to be honest. Anyway, I was trying to figure out what this girl was doing with this guy when they finished their meal and walked past me out the restaurant. I couldn't see the guy's face before but now...BINGO...it's NASCAR driver Ryan Newman! That explains a lot...and Purdue still sucks.

So I finish my chow and head out to the car, some crappy little Hyundai. (Why can't Hertz ever give me an American car?) As I'm starting to back out of my spot, some idiot in a red Ford Explorer flies through the aisle at 40 or 50 miles an hour...as I look at this moron in my rear-view mirror, my jaw drops when I recognize the driver...it's Rusty fucking Wallace! I shoulda know no mere mortal would be driving througha mall parking lot at that speed. Just to be sure, I followed the Explorer and saw him get out and start jabbering on his cell phone, that was definitely Rusty. Unreal.

No comments: