Thursday, April 06, 2006

From the Archives, Part I


Sometimes, there are tons of things I want to talk about, and I just don't have the time to do it. (I still have half-finished posts from December and January that will hopefully eventually see the light of day).

But this week, I have had some extra time, and there just hasn't been anything interesting enough to have caught my attention and prompt me to write something.

That should change -- and soon -- since I have an insane amount of travel scheduled for the next month or two, right as spring migration is starting to heat up. Right now the plan is Bloomington IN -Baton Rouge LA -Monterey CA -Orlando FL -Richmond and the Shenandoah Valley VA all in the next month.

Until then, here are some photos from....hmmmm, let's see if anyone can guess where, from November 2000.

We started out in a very urban area, but the birding was very good (as were the steaks):

We also met a man who needs no introduction-- but I will give him one anyway. He is one of the most entertaining bird guides the world has ever know, the world's finest snipe finder, a connoisseur of fines wines, and perhaps the only man who has ever been kicked out of Formula One for driving too fast:

SERGIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

















After spending only one day in the city, we headed south. Before this photojournal continues, one thing needs to be made clear:

PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THE PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
















Part II will resume with the next stop on our intinerary... headed south... way down south...

No comments: