Tuesday, August 09, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: Nothing interesting happened today in the world of birds.

Nobody published a paper on the IBWO today, no great rarity was found anywhere that we care about, and nobody did anything stupid enough to tick me off. Bird-wise, at least.

Actually, that's probably not true, I'm sure there were plenty of cool things happening over the past few days, I've just been too busy (birding, front row at the Cubs game, big project at work, etc.) to notice.

But hopefully things will get back on track in the next day or two.

We'll have a report from the BINAC branch office in Florida, maybe some long-delayed shorebirding reports from the Chicago area, another report on the wonderful new concert arena at Northerly Island, and we will insult...ah, why give it away, but some feathers will fly.

Did I mention that I was too busy being in the front row at Wrigley Field? Behind home plate, did I mention that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were behind home plate on Monday night? When the cubs were down 9-0 in the 8th? was that the game? If so, you were sitting right by ANOTHER birder in the same location- hawkwatcher, Vic B!- I saw him on TV.
Jill A

Birding is NOT a crime!!!! said...

Yeah...where was Vic? I didn't see him, although I was paying more attention to the game than to the crowd.

Anonymous said...

When right handed batters were up, Vic was on the right side of the screen, just a few rows up, sitting on the aisle. He TOLD me to look for him, which is why I was able to find him.
I saw a guy on his cell phone in the 2nd row just behind the plate and he kept waving into the camera. was that you?
Jill